Blueberry pancake made with banana, oatmeal, eggs and blueberries – very fluffy and unbelievably delicious!
I have been exploring some pancake recipes, so today I made this super tasty blueberry banana pancake. I like this pancake for so many reasons, there are just five ingredients needed and it is gluten free. This blueberry banana pancake is very fluffy and bouncy making a healthy breakfast or brunch option. All you need is a quick whip in a mixing bowl and the pancakes will be ready to eat in just 10mins.
Ingredients for making tasty blueberry banana pancake
There are just five ingredients in this recipe which makes it a healthy pancake option. I used 2 ripe bananas (spotty bananas), 2 free range eggs, ½ cup rolled oat, ½ cup organic blue berries and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. For the oats, you can use gluten free rolled oats.
How to make blueberry banana pancake
- Use a fork to mash the bananas in a mixing bowl to make a thick puree. The two bananas should make about 1 cup full. Add eggs, vanilla extract and rolled oats, whisk the mixture together until it’s smooth. Combine the blueberries with the batter by folding it in gently with a spatula.
- Coat a non-stick frying pan or griddle with olive oil and set hob to medium heat. Scoop 1/3 cup of the pancake batter onto the pan. Cook for about 2-3mins until the bubbles starts to pop up around the edges and on top.
- Flip to the other side and cook until golden brown. It shouldn’t take long on the flipped side so watch the pancake doesn’t get burnt.
- Serve hot with your favourite topping. Honey and Greek yogurt are perfect toppings!
Can you freeze blueberry banana pancakes?
I prefer to eat pancakes fresh, but if you like to cook it ahead and freeze it, you can do that. To freeze pancakes, put them in lidded freezer safe plastic container and freeze for up to three months. The longer you freeze pancakes for, the more it loses taste and texture.
How do you keep pancakes warm?
Sometimes, you may not be ready to eat your pancakes straight away, hence why you might want to keep it warm and fresh. To keep pancakes warm, place it on a plate and pop it in the oven at about 90C until you’re ready to eat.
Other pancake recipes
- Healthy banana applesauce pancakes
- Healthy old fashioned butter pancake
- Delicious and fluffy coconut flour pancakes
- Simple and delicious 3 ingredients pancakes
- Healthy Quaker oats banana pancake
Utensils and tools in this recipe
Griddle/non-stick frying pan, mixing bowl, measuring cups and spatula (You can buy any of the items on Amazon by clicking the link. This opens a new tab on your browser so you will still remain on this page).
Let me know if yours came out well in the comment box below. Connect with me on my social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Pinterest @Daddysnom.