Roasted veggies and chicken dinner made with sundried tomatoes, aubergine, courgette, red onions and bell pepper.
If you’re looking for a recipe packed with loads of veggies and chicken at the same time, this is for you. This roasted vegetables and chicken dinner is packed with loads of nutrients and flavours. I used the olive oil from the sundried tomatoes and the aroma was unbelievable! The good thing about the recipe is that it is very flexible, by using any other lean meat of choice or using your favourite “roast-able” vegetables. For a meatless version, chicken can be subbed for organic tofu or other meat alternatives.
Ingredients in roasted veggies and chicken dinner
Nearly all the ingredients in this recipe are freshly sourced, which makes it healthy. I used bell peppers (3 colours), aubergine, courgette, red onions, sundried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, chicken seasoning, onion granules (optional), ground peppercorn, olive oil and salt to taste. For veggies, you can use squash, asparagus, mushrooms, etc.
What can you serve with roasted veggies and chicken dinner?
I served mine with just white rice and tossed sweet and sour pepper sauce on top. You can serve it with garlic rice, potatoes (mashed, roasted or boiled), boiled yam or you can just it eat as it comes.
How to make roasted vegetables and chicken dinner
This is one of my favourite chicken dinner recipes because it is quite easy to make, just some slicing needed and stick it into the oven.
- Dice all vegetables into small chunks and spread on an oven tray. You can just place the sundried tomatoes on the tray without dicing depending on the size. Season the veggies with salt and pepper and give it a little shake.
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Cut the chicken breast into halves or three pieces. Season chicken with Italian seasoning, chicken seasoning, ground peppercorn, onion granules and salt (or Knorr cubes).
- Place the chicken on the tray with veggies and drizzle some olive oil from the sundried tomatoes on it. Roast for 20-30mins at 190C. Serve with rice or eat as it is.
How to preserve roasted veggies and chicken
You can preserve or store leftovers in the fridge or freezer. To freeze, let the roasted veggie chicken cool down completely and store in a sealable freezer bag/lidded plastic container and freeze for up to one month. If you plan to eat it within a few days, you can store it in the coolest part of the fridge. To serve, thaw, preheat the oven and warm at 180C for about 15mins. You can also warm it in the microwave for 4mins on high heat.
Other chicken recipes
- Baked garlic butter chicken recipe
- Stuffed chicken breast
- Delicious baked honey mustard chicken
- Gluten free plantain popcorn chicken recipe
Tools and utensils in this recipe
Let me know if yours came out well in the comment box below. Connect with me on my social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Pinterest @Daddysnom