Fluffy 3 ingredients pancakes made with banana, egg and flour, perfect for quick pancake breakfast or brunch
I have made a few pancakes recipes recently, most them have 5 ingredients or more. Even though pancakes are quite easy to make, the ingredients can sometimes be hard to come by. For days like this, delicious 3 ingredients pancakes is what you call ‘’easy peasy’’, and it is a simple recipe that kids can try as well. You can even make it with just two ingredients if you’re allergic to flour using just banana and egg.
Ingredients in this recipe
2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour), 1 egg and 1 medium ripe banana. You can sub flour for gluten free oats or oats soaked overnight for a healthy ‘’whole’’ choice. I have also tried this recipe with coco powder and walnuts in the batter and it still came out absolutely delicious, so you can try other ingredients in your own twist.
How to make delicious 3 ingredients pancakes
- In a bowl, mash 1 medium ripe banana with a fork until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons of flour, 1 egg and whisk together to make a batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Coat the pan with olive oil or coconut oil. You can also make the pancake without any oil.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the batter onto the non-stick frying pan or griddle, one at a time. Cook for 3-4mins until the bubbles start to appear in the middle and edges. Flip the pancake and cook for about 2mins on the other side. Repeat the same steps with the remaining batter. The ingredients should make three pancakes, so you can double the measurement if you want to make more.
- Serve hot! Top with yogurt, berries or any of your favourite toppings.
If the pancakes are browning too quickly or the frying pan starts to smoke, this means that the heat is too high. If it’s on high heat, turn it down lower. I usually use medium heat and reduce the heat further if needed.
Can you freeze 3 ingredients pancakes?
I prefer to eat pancakes fresh, but if you like to cook it ahead and freeze it, you can do that. To freeze pancakes, put them in lidded freezer-safe plastic containers and freeze for up to three months. The longer you freeze pancakes for, the more they lose their taste and texture.
How do you keep pancakes warm?
Sometimes you may not be ready to eat your pancakes straight away, hence, why you might want to keep it warm and fresh. To keep pancakes warm, place it on a plate and pop it in the oven at about 90C until you’re ready to eat.
Other pancake recipes
- Healthy banana applesauce pancakes
- Super tasty blueberry banana pancake
- Healthy old fashioned butter pancake
- Delicious and fluffy coconut flour pancakes
- Healthy Quaker oats banana pancake
Utensils and tools in this recipe
Griddle/non-stick frying pan, mixing bowl, measuring cups and whisk (You can buy any of the items on Amazon by clicking the link. This opens a new tab on your browser so you will still remain on this page).
Let me know if yours came out well in the comment box below. Connect with me on my social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Pinterest @Daddysnom