Layered beans salad made with red onions, cucumber, sweetcorn, tomatoes, lettuce, black beans and dressed with yogurt ranch dressing.
This tasty salad is the perfect combination of sweetness and crunch; the ranch dressing compliments the sweet flavours of the salad’s ingredients with its kick of mustard. Black beans are full of protein, fibre and iron, making this salad more than other salads that won’t satisfy your hunger. You can rest assured that this salad will serve as a delicious side or as a meal in itself if you wish.
Layered beans salad Ingredients
Veggies: Fresh tomatoes (cherry and vine tomatoes), freshly ground black pepper, garlic cloves, thinly shredded lettuce (you can use any), black beans, sweetcorn (or organic corn), medium red onion, English cucumber and homemade yogurt ranch dressing. You can sub any of the vegetables for your favourites, feta cheese is also a popular addition. Deseed the vine tomatoes before dicing to get ride , the cherry tomatoes are okay to just cut into two halves.
Ranch dressing: 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1-2 teaspoons of unsweetened almond milk, 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons garlic granules, 1 teaspoon onion powder (optional), 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley or dill, 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives and ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste. You can use other salad dressings of choice as well.
How to make layered beans salad
1 2 3 4 5 6
This salad is very easy, all you need do is the slicing and cutting before tossing the ranch dressing on top.
- The first step is to make the yogurt ranch dressing. Add all ranch ingredients above into a small glass jug or bowl, whisk all together until it’s smooth. If the dressing is too thick you can add more spoons of unsweetened almond milk to thin. Refrigerate dressing until it’s ready to use.
- Chop tomatoes, and press the garlic. Add both in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Gently stir all together and set aside.
- Chop the other vegetables (onions, cucumber and lettuce). Assemble all veggies in layers using a clear glass bowl (preferably bowls with straight sides) to create a layered look.
- For the first layer, spread the sweetcorn as the base followed by diced onions, black beans, tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce at the top as seen in the pictures above.
- Serve with the ranch dressing. You can cover and refrigerate for up to 48 hours. When you’re ready to serve it, drizzle some of the ranch dressing on top and serve immediately.
Other salad recipes
- Easy creamy chicken pesto pasta salad
- Tomato and mozzarella caprese salad
- Homemade cucumber and cherry tomato salad
Utensils and tools in this recipe
Let me know if your layered beans salad came out well in the comment box below. Connect with me on my social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Pinterest @Daddysnom.