Garlic butter chicken breast, seasoned with salt, pepper and herbs.
Full of flavours and garlicky aroma, baked garlic butter chicken is one of my favourite chicken dinners. I like this recipe so much because I could use any herbs that I like, and it will still come out delicious. I try not to avoid frying in most of my chicken recipes to reduce the calories and make it healthier; therefore, I decided to bake the chicken instead of roasting on a frying pan. Whichever method you use, I am sure it will still come out delicious.
Boneless chicken breast, garlic cloves, 4 knobs of butter, fresh thyme, fresh chives, ground pepper flakes (white pepper), stock cubes (optional) and a pinch of salt. For the herbs, I just used the fresh herbs that I already have. You can sub fresh thyme and dill for rosemary, oregano or Italian seasoning. I also garnished the chicken with mozzarella cheese to compliment the taste and texture.
How to make baked garlic butter chicken
There is not much preparation involved, I simply chopped the fresh chives and crushed 4 garlic cloves. I saved about 2mins by using a garlic press to crush the garlic instead of chopping with a knife.
- Preheat the oven at 175C.
- Season the chicken with salt, ground pepper, stock cube and chopped chives. Arrange the chicken in baking pan and set aside. You can coat the baking pan with butter before putting the chicken in it.
- Place a non-stick frying pan on the hob and set it to medium heat. Toss in 4 knobs of butter and let it melt.
- Add the pressed garlic and stir all together. Cook for about 3mins under medium heat until the garlic looks slightly brown but try not to burn it.
- Pour the garlic butter over the chicken breast and garnish it with fresh thyme and garlic cloves.
- Bake the chicken for about 30-35mins or until the chicken’s internal heat is about 85C
- In the last 3mins sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the chicken.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for a few mins before serving.
You can serve garlic butter chicken with salad to make a balance diet. You can see some of my salad recipes for ideas.
Other chicken recipes
- Delicious and juicy chicken broccoli fritters recipe
- Stuffed chicken breast
- Delicious baked honey mustard chicken
- Gluten free plantain popcorn chicken recipe
Utensils and tools in this recipe
My other chicken recipes
Let me know if yours came out well in the comment box below. Connect with me on my social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Pinterest @Daddysnom.